Monday, November 17, 2014

Flesh Construct

Got a commission to do a bunch of Ressurectionist models from Malifaux, for a good friend of mine. I first tackled the Flesh Constructs. These look roughly 100 times better than the old ones. The models went together very easily. Most of the new Malifaux plastics have been pleasant to assemble. 

For some reason, I thought the victim looked like he was wearing pajamas. When I looked at the studio art again I found out that I was wrong. These guys are going to die in the PJ's however. 

The Frankenstein is painted with Army Green, highlighted with Necrotic Flesh, washed with Athonian Camoshade, then highlighted with Necrotic Flesh again. Followed by a final highlight of Necrotic Flesh mixed with Skeleton Bone. All paints were Army Painter. The Wash was GW. 

Unfortunately, I thought this guys right foot was part of the sprue, so he only has 1 foot...probably why he was captured by a zombie...


My friend Bud is colorblind, so I painted the victims in contrasting pj's so he could easily tell them apart on the battlefield.


These models are the first use of my new basing mixtures. I like the effects so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment