Friday, July 18, 2014

Glade Guard

Continuing with my army jumping, I have started picking up Wood Elves. I have vowed to buy and paint one box at a time. We'll see how long it lasts.

I wanted to do a darker themed army, and flipping through the book I saw that one of the kingdoms is called Modryn, and it had the dark color scheme that I was looking for.


These differ from the studio scheme a bit, but they are pretty close.

Tunic: Deathworld forest, layered with Elysian Green, highlighted with Ogryn Camo
Cloth: Daemonette Hide, layered with Warpfiend grey, highlighted with Slaanesh grey
Cloak: Incubi darkness, layered with Sotek Green, highlighted with Sybarite Green
Leather: Rhinox Hide, layered with Doombull brown, highlight with Tuskgor fur.
Bow and Arrows: Zandri Dust, highlighted with Screaming Skull

I painted all of their hair with Ceramite white and then washed them with one of the following: Druchhi Violet, Carroburg Crimson, Coelia Greenshade, Drakenhoff Nightshade. Then I drybrushed them with Praxetti White.

No comments:

Post a Comment