Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mice and Mystics: Rat Soldiers

Somehow my FLGS got a hold of Mice and Mystics. I have been wanting to get it for awhile, so I grabbed it and the first expansion and started painting it. With only 22 miniatures in the set, I was certain that I could have it painted before Saturdays board game night. 

The mini's are pretty good. They don't have a lot of room for shading and highlighting, so a basecoat, wash, and drybrush should suffice on everything but cloaks and weapons. The art doesn't give you much direction for color schemes for the monsters, so I just made it up. 

I wanted to do each rat warrior a different color to help tell them apart on the board. Some of the Rat Warriors can be named characters from time to time, so I thought that would help us tell them apart. I am using Army Painter paints on these, followed by Citadel Washes. 

These are Fur Brown, Oak Brown, and Wolf Grey.


These are Monster Brown, Black, and Uniform Grey.


The brownish ones were washed with Agrax Earthshade, the grey ones were washed with Nuln Oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment