Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Potion Shop: Complete

The problem with buying nice terrain is that all of the terrain that you scratch build has to be just as good as the purchased pieces. I have put in many hours on these three buildings so far, and I still have many more to go. I opted to finish the potion shop first, because it doesn't have any dormers on it.


I raided my bitz bin and found the extra branches from the forest, the ivy, and the crow.  I sculpted the stone walls, the stained glass, and the chimney from Sculpey 3. I rolled out the sculpy to around 1/16" and then sculpted everything with a small screwdriver. After I baked it, i glued it onto the structure.

I basecoated the shingles with XV-88. Then I painted some with Tallarn Sand, some with Baneblade Brown and some with Balor Brown. Then I washed the entire thing with Agrax Earthshade and drybrushed it with Hexios Palesun.

I thought that an herb garden would be a good touch for a potion shop. I wanted to add some mushrooms to it, but I couldn't find any in my bitz bin. I have a plan to make them, but I haven't gotten around to it  yet.


This is the back of the shop. To make the ground more realistic and interesting. I gave it several different layers. I made a blend of fine flock for the base, and then added two colors of static grass, followed by a mixture of coarse flock and then some thistle.


This pic is a bit dark, but i drew a potion on the little wooden sign out front. I painted the stones on the wall with Dawnstone, Stormvermin fur, and Baneblade Brown. The stones around the door and window are painted Administratum Grey.

The Blacksmith Shop is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment