Sunday, December 1, 2013

Watchtower

I planned a game of Warhammer Fantasy for this weekend and thought that playing the Watchtower Scenario was motivation enough to finish up the GW Watchtower that has been sitting on my shelf basecoated for weeks.

Here is the basecoated version. I didn't want it to be all grey, so I made the main building Karak Stone and the bricks in red-browns.


I used three colors to paint the planks in the floor: Stormvermin Fur, Baneblade Brown, and Gothor Brown.


After the basecoat, I washed the entire model in Agrax Earthshade (like a half bottle). I painted the walls of the structure with Ushabti bone, and used three different colors on the shingles: Hoeth Blue, Russ Grey, Thunderhawk Blue. After that, I used a bunch of drybrushing on the model.   You can see I added some mossy effect to the buttress.


A close up of the lit lanterns.


Here is the floor after the wash and a drybrush of Longbeard Grey. I really like Stormvermin Fur as a color for old, weathered wood. After painting this model, I basecoated all of the wooden parts of my Plague Furnace with Stormvermin Fur.


The next time I go to the game store, I am going to pick up a bottle of the new Citadel Rust Effect and try it out on the metal bits.

And yes, my Skaven feasted on the lowly High Elves!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of great work on this blog. I'm starting to go through the archives now, recent favorite being the Hellpit Abomination. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete