1. I started out with a basecoat of Caliban Green.
2. I painted about 60% of each crystal facet with Warpstone Glow. This took me 2 coats.
3. I filled in 60% of the warpstone with Moot Green
4. I drybrushed the cluster with Hellion Green. If you were an awesome painter, you would edge highlight each of the ridges....I would have, but I didn't have the new green edge paint..so I took the easy way out with a drybrush.
5. I used the yellow GW glaze on the entire cluster to help blend everything together.
Necrons are easy to paint. I added a white dot on all of the intersections of the crystals. I think it looks better. I was using the Astrogranite texture on all of the 40k bases, but I decided that the board would be too bland if the ground was grey. Here I mainly used Armageddon Dust with a couple of patches of Astrogranite.
Looks like I forgot to clean up the rim...
I went with purple for my necron color. I used the purple edge paint to trace around each pauldron.