Sunday, November 10, 2013

GW Forest

I have always scoffed at store bought terrain. I figured that was money that I could spend on models instead of on scenery. As I get older, I realize that I have less time for gaming activities, so the more time I can spend playing, the better.

I decided if I was going to spend good money on scenery, that i should at least paint it really good. The key is to treat each piece of scenery up as if it was a gaming model.


I painted each leaf individually! The leaves themselves took me about 2 1/2 hours. The entire model probably took 4 hours.

I basecoated all of the leaves with Averland Sunset and washed it with Seraphim Sepia. I then randomly painted the other leaves:

Ogryn Camo
Zamesi Desert
Yriel Yellow
Bestigor Flesh

Then I drybrushed the whole leaf section with Hexios Palesun.

The trees are basecoated with Stormvermin Fur, washed with Agrax Earthshade, and drybrushed with Longbeard Grey at the top and Underhive Ash at the bottoms.



The base is basecoated with Steel Legion Drab and washed with Agrax Earthshade, and drybrushed with Kindleflame and Luscious Lilac.

The stones are basecoated with Stormvermin Fur and Dawnstone, washed with Agrax Earthshade, and drybrushed with Longbeard Grey

I drybrushed Skarsnik Green around to simulate moss.


I made the forest floor flock from Woodland Scenics flocks. I blended up some Fine Earth, with some  Coarse Rust, Orange, and Yellow. I spread that around the interior of the base.

I added some Arid Grass around the Edges along with some Late Summer Static Grass to help it blend into the gaming table.

This is going to look great on the battlefield!

No comments:

Post a Comment