Monday, April 8, 2013

Absylonia

After a week off, I am back with some more models. After seeing the Archangel model, I knew that I had to have it. I have plenty of unpainted legion models lying around, so I decided to grab one and practice my paint scheme.

After painting some goblins for the new Hobbit game set, I decided to try out a painting technique that relies heavily on washes. It didn't turn out too well, so I had to go back to more tried and true methods.

Step 1: I used Celestra Grey for the basecoat here. It adds to the overall cool color scheme.



Step 2: I washed the skin with Druuchii Violet, the cloth with Drakenhoff Nightshade, and the armor with Nuln Oil.



Step 3: The washes weren't getting the armor dark enough, so I painted the armor with Incubi Darkness and the horn areas with Dryad Bark. I overbrushed the skin with Slaanesh Grey, and layered Fenrisian Grey on the cloth.



Step 4: I layered Pallyd Wych Flesh on the skin, Thunderhawk Blue on the armor, and Gothor Brown on the horns. I highlighted the cloth with Ulthuan Grey.



Finished!

I highlighted the horns with Baneblade Brown, and the armor with Administratum Grey. I drybrushed the feathers with Etherium Blue. Sorry the pic is a bit blurry.


I painted the gold coins with Tallarn Sand.


No comments:

Post a Comment