Friday, January 18, 2013

Retribution Terrain: Walls

Here are the walls for my retribution themed terrain. I don't like more than 2 walls on a board. They are especially mean to colossals and gargantuans. Walls are an important tactical place on the battlefield, and a necessity in the terrain box.

Step 1: I shaped the pillars out of pink foam and used tacky glue to attach them onto 1x6 strips of 1/8" MDF. I cut one of the pieces wrong, so it is only 5" long instead of 6. I drew out the designs with a pencil. It leaves a good indentation.

When the glue is completely dry, I cover all of the foam with Mod Podge to make it more rigid.


Step 2: I basecoated the pillars with Delta Ceramcoat Sea Foam, and then used a blister sponge to stipple on white.


Step 3: I painted the runes with Reaper Aqua Mint.


Step 4: I mixed some green with some texture gel and stippled on some moss.


Step 5: I glued on the acrylic half gems. They are primed with a spray primer.


Step 6: I painted the gems with a simple 3 step gem method.


Step 7: I covered the base with Mod Podge and then poured our flock blend on them.


Step 8: Finished! Here they are on a gaming board.


No comments:

Post a Comment