Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dire Troll Bomber

Got a Bomber painted up for Brice today. This is the first time that I have painted a purple troll with the new Citadel paints, and the demon triad of purples they have was nearly identical to the custom mix from a few years ago.

He seems like a solid piece. He fills in the ranged gap that Trollbloods had. I believe he probably always needs to be fielded with an Impaler...but that isn't a bad thing at all.

Of course I forgot to do a step by step on the source lighting like I wanted to...perhaps Brice will want to field twin Bombers....


The base is deep forest themed, and is still unfinished. I am waiting for some leaves and other details to show up from an order. I did sculpt a couple of mushrooms, and they add a unique touch to the base.


I am going to do a tutorial on color fades when I get around to the Mountain King. They go great on dire trolls.



The Old Iron look on his backplate goes great on a Trollblood.


No comments:

Post a Comment