Friday, October 12, 2012

Painting Lesson: Circle Glow

Having some wolds to paint and re-paint, I needed to come up with an easy way to get a good looking glow effect. This is what I came up with, and it only has 4 steps. Enjoy.

1. I finished the entire model before tackling the glow effect.



2. Thin down white paint with some painting medium and paint it over the sunken runes. Be careful not to hit any of the finished edges.



3. Drybrush a dark color over the area. I am using Castellan Green here. It is important to use a darker color at this stage to make your glow look that much brighter.



4. I wash the area with a 50/50 mix of yellow glaze and green glaze.



Done! This technique can be used for any faction with sunken glowing marks...I'm looking at you Ret.

No comments:

Post a Comment