Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Season, New Army

Winter is fast approaching, and that is as good an excuse as any to switch factions!

In the past year I have played Khador and Menoth with good results, but it was only a matter of time before my ADD (Army Deficit Disorder) caught up with me. For reasons that I won't explain, I have a decent amount of all 9 major factions (excluding Minions and Mercs). Recently I have wanted to switch things up and play a hordes faction, but with Brice playing Trollbloods, Brandon spreading Everblight, and Mark starting to build up Skorne, I am left with the Circle of Orboros. 

Luckily for me, my good friend Mike owned a lot of the Blackclad's and their beasts, so I don't need to spend much money rounding out the force. As is my new custom, I chose my three favorite warlocks and started to build 35pt and 50pt armies around them. I haven't seen druids on the table since Mark I, so any critiques or comments on the lists are appreciated. 

Epic Kaya
I chose E Kaya to run the force that deals with lots of Armor. Forced Evolution plus the Gorax animus on any of my heavies should be able to take down anything but a colossal with ease. Her Theme Force seemed reasonable so I decided to take it to Tier 4, giving me a 1 point discount on heavy warbeasts! I like the utility and control that a unit of Druids put on the table. Skinwalkers look like they can dish out some damage or be meat shields that can't be trampled.

At 50 pts I add in both Satyrs and a Wilder. I think the Satyrs will make good beasts for the second wave, and hopefully I can catch some people with counter charge. Having with Wilder hand out Animi for free is appealing. 

35 Point Force

Kaya 2 and Laris
Warpwolf Stalker
Feral Warpwolf
Gorax

Druids + UA
Warpborn Skinwalkers (max)

50 Point Force

+Gnarlhorn Satyr
+Shadowhorn Satyr
+Druid Wilder

Epic Krueger
I hear this guy is the best control caster that Circle has to offer, and I am all about control casters. I added more infantry removal to the list, but kept the Gorax to make sure that I can still pack a punch. The solos add some more utility to the list. Lord of the Feast should be able to eat most of a unit by himself. I want to pair the Wilder up with a woldwarden to remove the fury from casting and boosting Gallows.

At 50 points I add in a Pureblood Warpwolf to give me a ranged threat that has good Pow and a 10" Spray, sticking with my anti infantry theme. With only 6 points remaining, I couldn't take a unit and a UA, so I went the Tharn Bloodweavers. They are self sufficient and have dispel on their knives that could come in handy. For my last point I added in a Gallows Grove for an additional arc node. 

35 point Force

Krueger 2
Warpwolf Stalker
Woldwarden
Gorax

Druids of Orboros +UA
Lord of the Feast
Druid Wilder
Blackclad Wayfarer

50 points

+Pureblood Warpwolf
+Bloodweavers
+Gallows Grove

Third Caster
Well I haven't decided on this one yet. I am leaning toward Mohsar or Morvahna, but I am not sold on either of them. A little help would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment